EV Construction seeks talented, fun, hard-working professionals to join our team. We are a forward-thinking, employee-centered company that supports a collaborative work environment, strong work-life balance and positive community impact. At EV Construction, we are committed to investing in our team members and providing career development and training programs. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with an innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
We’re seeking a candidate to lead our Preconstruction Team.
Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related construction field. The primary role of this position is to lead the preconstruction and project planning team including oversight of preconstruction staff. Leadership responsibilities include overall department resources management, process improvement, and cross-departmental coordination with construction operations. Technical capabilities include construction cost estimating, scheduling, logistical planning, and procurement. The focus will be on large and medium-sized commercial construction projects in Michigan and throughout North America.
EV Construction, based in Holland, MI and in business for over 76 years, is seeking an experienced commercial painter for our interiors team. At least five years of painting experience required and positive references based on quality, dependability and safety will be required. Growth opportunities available!
Consider joining EV Construction as an equipment operator, prepping and working on some of West Michigan’s most exciting commercial construction projects. Duties include:
-Operate a range of earthwork and utility equipment; loaders, compactors, skidsteers, tractors, etc.
-General labor duties – working outdoors in year-round conditions on various construction sites. Lifting, carrying, reaching climbing, walking, standing, stooping.
-Operate routinely used hand tools and equipment. Shovels, hammers, saws, jackhammers, compactors, etc.
-Installing storm, sanitary and waterline pipe. Cut, sling and carry pipe.
-Set manholes and catch basins.
-Check and adjust grades.
-Use hand signals to coordinate actions with crew members.
EV Construction is seeking candidates for our co-op program. The position and schedule will be tailored to the student’s career goals, any prior experience, and the requirements of their school. They will be exposed to multiple projects and duties in healthcare, senior living, commercial and industrial construction. Projects may be performed under a variety of delivery methods; general contractor, construction manager, design-build and/or self-perform. This is an opportunity for you and the EV team to get to know one another, with the goal being possible future full time employment.
Team members are expected to have the following characteristics:
Team members must have the following qualifications:
EV Construction offers a variety of benefits, including:
Our Facilities Services Division (FSD) is designed specifically to meet our client’s small to mid-sized project and maintenance needs. The FSD team provides skilled tradespeople for capital improvement projects within and around existing facilities. Our specialized team serves as a single contact and subject matter expert, making your safety, OSHA compliance, sanitation, incident avoidance, and loss prevention their top priority. Whether you need a simple door replacement or managing a mid-size project, FSD expertly matches the individual talents of our staff to the requirements of the client’s project to quickly deliver a high quality result.
Responsibilities may include:
· Leasehold Tenant Improvements
· Interior Finish Upgrades
· Roof and Flooring Repair
· Facility Audits
· Selective Demolition
· Adding and Renovating Production Lines and Production Space
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Carpentry, construction, handyman and/or general trades background (such as interiors, painting, framing, drywall, trim, countertops, fixture installation or facilities maintenance experience)
· Ability to work hands-on with hand and power tools
· Problem solving capabilities
· Ability to work independently or collaborate with a team
· Supervision or leadership background is helpful
· Quality workmanship and strong attention to detail
· MUST be able to travel overnight during the week and have a flexible schedule
Seeking individuals with experience in Commercial Carpentry and General Trades packages, such as installing metal door frames, commercial doors and hardware, wood blocking and backer, wall protection, partitions, windows and frames, etc. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
We’re seeking qualified individuals with experience in commercial interiors, including but not limited to, reading prints, creating layouts, dropping wire, installing grids, cutting tile, setting acoustical ceiling tile, framing metal studs, preparing walls and more. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
Lead the preconstruction and project planning process, including the responsibility for construction cost estimates, schedule, logistical planning, and procurement. The focus will be on large and medium-sized commercial construction projects in Michigan and throughout North America.
1. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of the cost estimate. Lead document control and organization through the preconstruction/planning process.
2. Lead, with assistance from multiple resources, the development of construction cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
3. Maintain and update department database with current and accurate pricing from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, industry data, etc.
4. Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
5. Review design options as part of a project team to find solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
6. Working alongside other team members, develop conceptual project schedules and logistical plans to inform the preconstruction and planning process.
7. Meet directly with clients and end-users throughout the design process to develop and update preconstruction plans.
8. Work closely with architectural and engineering partners throughout the preconstruction process.
9. Participate in the handoff of preconstruction plans to project management and field operations.
10. Coordinate with self-perform trade staff to develop preconstruction plans, estimates, and track/report project productivity results. Self-performed trades include sitework, selective demolition, steel, carpentry, interior framing, drywall, painting and firestopping.
11. Assist in maintaining an electronic database of trade contactors throughout the country and region.
12. Effectively communicate and network with local and national trade partners.
. Educational and experience requirements include
· Minimum 2-year architectural technology, construction and or engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
· 3-5 years of direct experience in commercial construction cost estimating
· Direct experience with the General Contracting and Construction Management model of project delivery.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents and technical drawings
· Knowledge of Sketchup® or similar 3D modeling software a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word required
· Proficiency in digital estimating software (On Screen takeoff, Timberline®) or a willingness to learn required
· Proficiency in Bluebeam or Adobe required
If you’re ready to work for EV, complete the information below to tell us a little bit about yourself.