EV Construction seeks talented, fun, hard-working professionals to join our team. We are a forward-thinking, employee-centered company that supports a collaborative work environment, strong work-life balance and positive community impact. At EV Construction, we are committed to investing in our team members and providing career development and training programs. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with an innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Lead the preconstruction and project planning process, including the responsibility for construction cost estimates, schedule, logistical planning, and procurement. The focus will be on large and medium-sized commercial construction projects in Michigan and throughout North America.
1. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of the cost estimate. Lead document control and organization through the preconstruction/planning process.
2. Lead, with assistance from multiple resources, the development of construction cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
3. Maintain and update department database with current and accurate pricing from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, industry data, etc.
4. Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
5. Review design options as part of a project team to find solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
6. Working alongside other team members, develop conceptual project schedules and logistical plans to inform the preconstruction and planning process.
7. Meet directly with clients and end-users throughout the design process to develop and update preconstruction plans.
8. Work closely with architectural and engineering partners throughout the preconstruction process.
9. Participate in the handoff of preconstruction plans to project management and field operations.
10. Coordinate with self-perform trade staff to develop preconstruction plans, estimates, and track/report project productivity results. Self-performed trades include sitework, selective demolition, steel, carpentry, interior framing, drywall, painting and firestopping.
11. Assist in maintaining an electronic database of trade contactors throughout the country and region.
12. Effectively communicate and network with local and national trade partners.
. Educational and experience requirements include
· Minimum 2-year architectural technology, construction and or engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
· 3-5 years of direct experience in commercial construction cost estimating
· Direct experience with the General Contracting and Construction Management model of project delivery.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents and technical drawings
· Knowledge of Sketchup® or similar 3D modeling software a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word required
· Proficiency in digital estimating software (On Screen takeoff, Timberline®) or a willingness to learn required
· Proficiency in Bluebeam or Adobe required
Assist project manager with schedules, expediting and other project manager roles per project.
· Provide administrative and project support for project teams, including assisting with the distribution of required documents and correspondence, setting up and maintaining job starts/buy-outs, and creating/maintaining master filing systems.
· Contract Administration: letters of intent and contracts (AIA), submittals, RFI’s (Request for Information), Purchase Orders, Change Orders, Drawings and Specifications, Punch lists, etc.
· Act as a liaison between Project Managers, Clients, and trade partners.
· Coordinate/facilitate contract close-out requirements.
· High School diploma (or equivalent). Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in construction management, commercial general contracting, and/or project/office administration
· Knowledge of AIA Contracts and Procore preferred, but is not required
· Ability to handle multiple projects and support multiple employees’ administrative needs with minimum supervision is essential
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Extreme attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet monthly deadlines
· Proficient in MS Office software including Outlook, Excel and Word
We’re seeking a candidate who’s ready to travel around the U.S. with our growing national team. Individuals should possess experience as a construction superintendent, working with trade contractors and managing commercial or industrial projects, with special attention to deadlines. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and possess great work ethic.
EV Construction is seeking candidates for our internship program. Each internship is tailored to the individual’s prior experience and career goals. They will be exposed to multiple projects and duties in healthcare, senior living, commercial and industrial construction. Projects may be performed under a variety of delivery methods including general contracting, construction management, design-build and/or self-perform. This is an opportunity for you and the EV team to get to know one another, with the goal being possible future full-time employment.
We’re seeking qualified individuals with experience in commercial interiors, including but not limited to, reading prints, creating layouts, dropping wire, installing grids, cutting tile, setting acoustical ceiling tile, framing metal studs, preparing walls and more. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
We’re looking for individuals with experience that includes, but not limited to, taping or finishing joints, skimming, sanding, smoothing imperfections and preparing walls to be painted. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
We’re seeking individuals who want to work in commercial and industrial settings. Candidates are encouraged to have experience in casework, windows, trim, cabinetry, counter-tops, custom cabinetry, doors and more. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field required. Ideal candidates will have prior experience managing large commercial and industrial projects to completion, on-time and within budget. Estimating experience is a plus. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
If you’re ready to work for EV, complete the information below to tell us a little bit about yourself.