EV Construction seeks talented, fun, hard-working professionals to join our team. We are a forward-thinking, employee-centered company that supports a collaborative work environment, strong work-life balance and positive community impact. At EV Construction, we are committed to investing in our team members and providing career development and training programs. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with an innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Seeking individuals with experience in Commercial Carpentry and General Trades packages, such as installing metal door frames, commercial doors and hardware, wood blocking and backer, wall protection, partitions, windows and frames, etc. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
Lead the preconstruction and project planning process, including the responsibility for construction cost estimates, schedule, logistical planning, and procurement. The focus will be on large and medium-sized commercial construction projects in Michigan and throughout North America.
1. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine the scope of work and required contents of the cost estimate. Lead document control and organization through the preconstruction/planning process.
2. Lead, with assistance from multiple resources, the development of construction cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
3. Maintain and update department database with current and accurate pricing from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, industry data, etc.
4. Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
5. Review design options as part of a project team to find solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
6. Working alongside other team members, develop conceptual project schedules and logistical plans to inform the preconstruction and planning process.
7. Meet directly with clients and end-users throughout the design process to develop and update preconstruction plans.
8. Work closely with architectural and engineering partners throughout the preconstruction process.
9. Participate in the handoff of preconstruction plans to project management and field operations.
10. Coordinate with self-perform trade staff to develop preconstruction plans, estimates, and track/report project productivity results. Self-performed trades include sitework, selective demolition, steel, carpentry, interior framing, drywall, painting and firestopping.
11. Assist in maintaining an electronic database of trade contactors throughout the country and region.
12. Effectively communicate and network with local and national trade partners.
. Educational and experience requirements include
· Minimum 2-year architectural technology, construction and or engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
· 3-5 years of direct experience in commercial construction cost estimating
· Direct experience with the General Contracting and Construction Management model of project delivery.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents and technical drawings
· Knowledge of Sketchup® or similar 3D modeling software a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word required
· Proficiency in digital estimating software (On Screen takeoff, Timberline®) or a willingness to learn required
· Proficiency in Bluebeam or Adobe required
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field required. Ideal candidates will have prior experience managing large commercial and industrial projects to completion, on-time and within budget. Estimating experience is a plus. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
Candidates should posses a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field. This position supports multiple project managers who oversee large projects relating to commercial and industrial construction. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
We’re seeking a candidate who’s ready to travel around the U.S. with our growing national team. Individuals should possess experience as a construction superintendent, working with trade contractors and managing commercial or industrial projects, with special attention to deadlines. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and possess great work ethic.
We’re seeking a Steel Fabricator/Erector for our West Michigan based team. Experience desired but will train someone for the role.
70% structural and specialty steel fabrication in the fab shop
30% field erection/installation
Structural welding experience a plus
Construction site experience is a plus
Must possess basic math skills, mechanical/technical skills, strength, stamina, dexterity
If you’re ready to work for EV, complete the information below to tell us a little bit about yourself.