EV Construction seeks talented, fun, hard-working professionals to join our team. We are a forward-thinking, employee-centered company that supports a collaborative work environment, strong work-life balance and positive community impact. At EV Construction, we are committed to investing in our team members and providing career development and training programs. We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with an innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
We’re seeking a candidate who’s ready to travel around the U.S. with our growing national team. Individuals should posses experience as a construction superintendent, working with trade contractors and managing commercial or industrial projects, with special attention to deadlines. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and posses great work ethic.
Our Facilities Services Division (FSD) is designed specifically to meet our client’s small to mid-sized project and maintenance needs. The FSD team provides skilled tradespeople for capital improvement projects within and around existing facilities. Our specialized team serves as a single contact and subject matter expert, making your safety, OSHA compliance, sanitation, incident avoidance, and loss prevention their top priority. Whether you need a simple door replacement or a multi-location national rollout, FSD expertly matches the individual talents of our staff to the requirements of the client’s project to quickly deliver a high quality result.
Responsibilities may include:
· Leasehold Tenant Improvements
· Interior Finish Upgrades
· Roof and Flooring Repair
· Facility Audits
· Selective Demolition
· National and Regional Roll Outs
· Historic Renovations and Restoration
· Upgrading for USDA and FDA Sanitation Standards
· Adding and Renovating Production Lines and Production Space
· 24-Hour Emergency Service
· Carpentry, construction, handyman and/or general trades background (such as interiors, painting, framing, drywall, trim, countertops, fixture installation or facilities maintenance experience)
· Ability to work hands-on with hand and power tools
· Problem solving capabilities
· Ability to work independently or collaborate with a team
· Supervision or leadership background is helpful
· Quality workmanship and strong attention to detail
· MUST be able to travel overnight during the week and have a flexible schedule
We’re looking for individuals with experience that includes, but not limited to, taping or finishing joints, skimming, sanding, smoothing imperfections and preparing walls to be painted. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
We’re looking to add to our Firestop team! Candidates should possess some caulking and general construction building experience. However, we are willing to train the right individual. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
We’re seeking qualified individuals with experience in commercial interiors, including but not limited to, reading prints, creating layouts, dropping wire, installing grids, cutting tile, setting acoustical ceiling tile, framing metal studs, preparing walls and more. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
Lead the preconstruction and project planning process, including the responsibility for construction cost estimates, schedule, logistical planning, and procurement. Focus will be on large and medium sized commercial construction projects in Michigan and throughout North America.
1. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of cost estimate. Lead document control and organization through the preconstruction / planning process.
2. Lead, with assistance from multiple resources, the development of construction cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
3. Maintain and update department database with current and accurate pricing from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, industry data, etc.
4. Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
5. Review design options as part of a project team to find solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
6. Working alongside other team members, develop conceptual project schedules and logistical plans to inform the preconstruction and planning process.
7. Meet directly with clients and end users throughout the design process to develop and update preconstruction plans.
8. Work closely with architectural and engineering partners throughout the preconstruction process.
9. Participate in the handoff of preconstruction plans to project management and field operations.
10. Coordinate with self-perform trade staff to develop preconstruction plans, estimates, and track/report project productivity results. Self-performed trades include sitework, selective demolition, concrete, steel, carpentry, interior framing, drywall, painting and firestopping.
11. Assist in maintaining electronic database of trade contact throughout the country and region.
12. Effectively communicate and network with local and national trade partners.
. Educational and experience requirements include
· Minimum 2 year architectural technology, construction and or engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
· 3-5 years of direct experience in commercial construction cost estimating
· Direct experience with the General Contracting and Construction Management model of project delivery.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents and technical drawings
· Knowledge of Sketchup® or similar 3D modeling software a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word required
· Proficiency in digital estimating software (On Screen takeoff, Timberline®) or a willingness to learn required
· Proficiency in Bluebeam or Adobe required
We’re seeking individuals who want to work in commercial and industrial settings. Candidates are encouraged to have experience in casework, windows, trim, cabinetry, counter-tops, custom cabinetry, doors and more. Must work safely, have a high standard for quality, integrity and great work ethic.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field required. Ideal candidates will have prior experience managing large commercial and industrial projects to completion, on-time and within budget. Estimating experience is a plus. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
Candidates should posses a bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field. This position supports multiple project managers who oversee large projects relating to commercial and industrial construction. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
If you’re ready to work for EV, complete the information below to tell us a little bit about yourself.